5 Minutes with Stefan Schaffner - TBS New CEO/ Mar 02, 2022
As a part of TBS' growth and expansions, TBS introduces Stefan Schaffner as our new CEO. We welcome you to get to know Stefan better with this interview!
Stefan Schaffner was born in Switzerland on 25 November 1967. He is married with 4 children and now resides with his family in Mettmenstetten, ZH. He completed his bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
Stefan has extensive experience in leading and managing multiple international companies, both abroad and in Switzerland. Prior to joining TBS, he was the CEO & General Manager at JOHNSON CONTROLS Switzerland.
- What motivates you every morning?
- On any weekday, all the surprises and opportunities that the new day offers. Working closely with my customers & employees makes my day a thrilling journey. During the weekend, spending time with family & friends – I am a very social person.
- What do you do for fun?
- Sports activities in nature: hiking, skiing and, since last summer, e-bike rides with my wife.
- How do you relax?
- Being in nature and reading a good book. Lately, I have enjoyed ‘Industries of the future’ by Alec Ross.
- What makes a team successful?
- Having the right people on the bus doing the right things. I believe a culture of trust is critical for a successful team.
- Who in your life has had the most influence on you?
- Definitely my wife. Together, we are a balanced tandem; I am the fast-paced, always bringing new ideas; she thinks twice when it comes to important topics.
- What superpower do you wish you could have?
- I wish I could fly like an eagle.
- Tell us about a life-changing experience you’ve had.
- The first year in South Africa really opened my eyes. It made me realize how privileged we are. From our ‘swiss bubble’, we are sometimes unaware of the differences in personal and financial safety just around the corner.
- Tell us about the last time you changed your mind about something important.
- It happened not so long ago… when Daniel Kohler, Chairman of TBS, told me the story & history of TBS. I just couldn’t resist and jumped onboard.
- Speaking of TBS and the future, what are your personal goals for the company?
- Creating a sustainable successful global leading provider of the most secure biometric solutions.
Click here to download the PDF.